Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Kitchen Failures and Success!

The other day, I decided to try my hand at something Mexican peasants do every day, Corn Tortillas.




It seemed so easy, and I have been looking for bread substitute, the sprouted bread is over $5.00 in the stores.  So, I proceeded to gather the things I would need to make non-fat tortillas, corn flour, water, baking soda and salt.






It went well enough, all the ingredients were mixed in the bowl, plus I threw in a little Amaranth seed, for a bit of added protein.  


I mixed it all together and made one large patty.  Then I divided the patty equally and made small balls.


Placing the ball of dough between waxed paper I rolled to 1/16” thick and put the tortilla on the grill to cook.



This is the end product.  What happened?  They were not pliable, just stiff little cakes. It would never work as a wrap. 


Although, I must say the taste was right on, maybe add a bit Jalapenos and some green onion leave in small balls fry them and call them Hush Puppies or leave them flat and call them Johnny Cakes, or Flat Corn BreadJ


And now for a pause that refreshes:



  Sweet potato, Carrot, Celery, Pineapple, Apple Juice.  Delish!!!!!!!!

Enjoy life, Juice!   Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your input is greatly appreciated.