Thursday, May 10, 2012

YOU DESERVE A BREAK TODAY

Tomorrow, I am taking a break from searching the Internet and constantly, thinking about Rving.  Did you ever see that commercial, I can’t remember what the product is, but all the people, men, women, children are dressed in dirt bike clothes and helmets and they are saying, “I wanna ride”?  Well that has been me for the past week.  All I can say is, “I wanna go Rving”.  I have been seeing so many deals on used travel trailers, it makes you want to go out right now and get one. 


 I scheduled to take a day course on how do belly messages.  This is a mini course from 9AM to 4PM.  It is in a little city about 4 miles away called Abita Springs.  Here is a brief bit about what it is all about:


The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ are founded on the ancient Mayan technique of abdominal massage which is an external noninvasive manipulation that repositions internal organs that have shifted, thereby restricting the flow of blood, lymph, nerve and chi.  This modality incorporates a holistic approach to health care which includes massage, anatomy and physiology, herbology, nutrition, and emotional and spiritual healing.


Since, I have back issues that give me fits, I thought I would learn these techniques.  It just might do some good for the nerve damage I have on my right side.  Most days, I am fine but every few days it flares up when I forget I can’t do what I used to do. 


Healing Hands

2012 GRADUATION
Last night at my granddaughter’s graduation she was beautiful.  She spoke flawlessly in front of all those people, I was very impressed.  She received so many awards. I am so very proud of her accomplishments.  It was a long evening.  Now, when I arrived (in daylight), I noted what entrance I going in (the ceremony was held at the University’s Student Center, which is a dome building).  You see where I am going with this? 

Yes, you right, not a clue which parking lot held my car.  The parking lot had lights but they only shown on the cars right under them.  The only good note, I was not alone in the search.  Needless to say women, graduates and yes, even men, walked the parking lots with key remotes hands stretched out as far as the arm would allow (like that would matter) clicking for some distant familiar sounds that would lead them to the vehicle that would take them home.  Every time you’d pass someone they would ask, “still looking, too?”)  I want to tell them, “No, I found my car but I just like walk around like a dodo”, Ugh. 

Interjection: I found this on the Net.  Who knew?




Now one neat trick , is that if the car is just out of range of the remote, putting it under your chin while pressing the button will give the remote an extra boost, as your skull will act as an antenna and give you an extra few yards of slack.

The scene was like, a National Geographical Special on Emperor Penguins.  One adult watches the hatchling and the other goes out to find food.  Upon returning to this mass of hundreds of penguins, the only way to find the right family member is to honk until you hear that familiar sound.  Same thing here, we walked and we honked. 


After walking 2 lots over to the left and seeing nothing, I meandered, remote in hand, back the way I started and then 2 lots to the right.  I knew I was in the second row and that was all I knew.  Seriously, my right hip was on fire. I almost sat on the curb and called a cab to drive me around the parking lot.  After about 20 minutes, far off in the distances, I didn’t hear but I saw lights responding to my pushes on the remote.  There she was right where I left her, amazing.

For the past few months, I have been doing great on my new healthy eating plan but on the way home I was sucked into a SONIC hamburger joint and before I knew it, I was eating a burger and fried onion rings.  Now, that’s what I’m talking about!  Woulda had a Martini but even in Louisiana they frown on that activity while you’re driving.

Made it home OK, did the Martini and then, all was right with the world, again.



Question  you boondockers what do you use for your Internet connections?  When I do get rolling I will be traveling West and Northwest.  What is good for those areas?  Responses appreciated.  Thanks bunches.

Happy Trails to everyone. Hope you enjoy reading my blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your input is greatly appreciated.