Thursday, April 10, 2014

I'm on a roll, thinking up all sorts of fast and easy recipes that make one or two servings. They are loaded with Protein and low in calories.

Here is the latest:


Microwave Tuna and Noodle Casserole

Ingredients

1 cup Cooked Pasta, linguine

1/2 cup Tuna, Canned in Water, drained

1/2 cup Campbell cream of mushroom w/ roasted garlic

1 tbsp. chopped Scallions, raw

1/2 cup Great Value Peas & Carrots, Frozen, and Drained

1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce

1 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, grated

1 tbsp. Bread Crumbs Panko

Salt & Pepper


Directions:

In small bowl, mix tuna, cream of mushroom soup, Scallions, Worcestershire Sauce (you can add a tbsp. or two of water to loosen up the soup). Spray a small shallow baking dish with cooking spray, add 1/2 of pasta, sprinkle 1/2 the Peas and Carrots, pour half of the soup and tuna mixture over this layer. Repeat to use up remaining pasta and Tuna mixture. Mix Panko and Parmesan Cheese together (this will prevent clumping of the cheese). Sprinkle cheese and Panko on top. Cover loosely with a dish (to let out steam- do not use plastic wrap) and cook in microwave for 5 minutes.

Nutritional Info  
WW Points 5

Calories: 210.0  Fat: 2.9 Carbohydrates: 31.6 Fiber 1.5 Protein: 14.7






TaDa!!  Very tasty, if I do say so myself.



1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! I'm definitely doing a copy/paste on this one. I even have all the ingredients on board. Thanks!!! :)

    PS - I loved WW. I worked for me, but I did the meetings every week for a year or so. I lost SUPER slow. Everyone else was losing 5 or more pounds every week and I was lucky to lose 1.5, but I kept on it, and ended up losing 20 pounds. I kept going once a week just to weigh in and sit in on meetings until I hit the road. I've pretty much maintained it for years. They have such a logical way of eating, it worked, and I started walking, too. Good ole WW pedometer really helped with that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your input is greatly appreciated.